Sunday, March 9, 2014

Why "Twenty Two in St. Lou?"


There are two things you can easily deduce about me based on the title of my blog. I'm 22 and I am indeed from St. Louis.

It didn't take very long for me to come up with this title —just a few hours of spacing out on a Friday morning at work. The title describes where I'm at right now, though I have no idea what I'll do in four months if I'm still blogging. Twenty Three in St. Louee? Maybe.

Anyway, twenty two has been a big year for me —even from day one. I met a very special person on my birthday who has made life so much fun for the past seven months. And he's partly responsible for my blog title. Without him I don't think I would spend as much time in St. Louis and appreciate it as much as I do now. He has a knack for discovering fun restaurants and events in the city, and he gets lots of tickets to Cardinals games. I've never had as fun in St. Louis as I've had with him over the past few months. I can't wait to keep discovering more about my hometown with him.

Since my birthday, I've also gone from an intern at my company to a full-fledged, benefits-receiving employee. It's not your traditional, sleuthy, super creative journalism job, but it allows me to write pretty often. Besides that, my job gives me a great opportunity to learn about my city. That's one of my favorite things about it!

There is so much good in St. Louis and so many things are happening in the city. My job not only gives me the opportunity to learn about it but to also make a difference in my own small way.

This twenty-two-year-old has learned a lot about herself and her city in the past few months and I really can't wait to learn more and to discover even more new places. My favorite thing so far? SOULARD. Whether it's Mardi Gras or just a regular Friday night. There are lots of cool bars and buildings. It has a great neighborhood feel in the middle of the city. It's definitely on my list of potential places to live when I'm finally ready to move out!

No comments:

Post a Comment