Friday, March 14, 2014

Looks of the Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day weekend! I love this holiday and my family has done it big for St. Paddy's day the past couple years. My Irish relatives, the McNultys, walk in the Dogtown Parade on March 17 every year regardless of the day of the week. Dedication. The parade is made up almost exclusively of "clans" from around the area. Each group decorates the float the morning of the parade, and it's so fun to get the whole family together, be creative and have a few beers before the real fun begins.

Once the parade gets going, you don't want it to end. It might be the quickest hour of the entire year for me. My family gets cases and cases of green beads to throw out while we're walking, and there's really nothing like having thousands of people waving and yelling at you for your beads. It's quite the confidence boost.

Long story short, I am a huge St. Patrick's day fan – mostly because of the fun and family but I also love to wear green and love having an excuse to wear entirely too much of it for one day.





No comments:

Post a Comment