Sunday, March 23, 2014

Adventures in healthy eating

This week, I really started to become frustrated with my weight-loss progress. Yes, I've lost seven pounds and kept them off for about 3 weeks, but I really need to keep losing. Now that I've got some motivation to keep running (I've run six more miles and lifted since my last post), I'm going to add to that by kicking healthy eating into gear.

I'm relatively healthy for breakfast and lunch. I eat LOTS of spinach and fruit, but dinner is hard and the weekends are almost impossible. I eat out and drink lots on the weekends. I decided that limited drinking and eating out on the weekends will help me shed pounds faster.

I also had a ton of motivation to head to the store and plan meals in advance for the week.


 We bought some amazing chicken sausage that went great with whole-wheat pasta and red sauce. I also stocked up on fruits and veggies, Skinny Pop and hummus. I had never really had it before, but it's great with carrots!

It's 9 p.m. Sunday and lunch is totally ready for tomorrow and breakfast should be a snap. We also have a breakfast and dinner schedule hanging on the refrigerator. This will really help me stay focused on eating healthy throughout the week. Today I also spent three hours cooking for the week.



This cup of green beans should last for two lunches. I cooked them in olive oil, salt and pepper.

I divided this chicken into three, 3.5-ounce servings. It's cooked in olive oil, fresh garlic and lemon pepper. It's 122 calories per serving.


Fruit salad, yummy yummy. This mid-morning snack is about 65 calories. 


I'm very excited about my Monday lunch. I cooked quinoa for the first time, and it's pretty good. I mixed it with a serving of chicken and a half-cup of fresh green beans. Obviously I had to sample it, and it tasted great! Can't wait for lunch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment