Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Getting to know you ...


Last week, I discovered Annie Reeves and her blog, which is a gorgeous and fun homage to Charleston, style, food and more. I love her writing style and her photos. She posted these questions a while back, so I thought I'd take a stab at answering the same questions.  *Some questions were omitted because I just could not come up with an answer*


Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?  
Do they have to be alive? No? Okay, cool. I would choose my grandmother. She passed away when I was a baby, but based on how all her friends and family talk about her, I know she was an amazing, strong woman. I think we would be close. I've always wondered. 

For what in your life do you feel most grateful? 

My relationship with my parents. I'm an only child, so I've always spent a lot of time with them. They're my best friends. We share lots of laughs, we goof around, have good talks, enjoy trying new things together. But they're also my parents. I am so confident that they have my back no matter what and that they will always want what's best for me. I'm not afraid to admit that they're always right, and I feel like that says a lot.

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be? 

To be the most outgoing person in the room. I've always admired people who can charm the pants off of anyone they meet. That's not me. I try. I'm nice and pleasant, but not charming. 

If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

Do my kids turn out okay? (I don't have any now, but I'm fairly confident I will someday)

What do you value most in a friendship? 

Someone who allows me to be absolutely be myself 100 percent of the time. Someone I can laugh with.

What is your most treasured memory? 

College. Every single day. All four years. Every tear. Every hard class. Every awkward moment. College made me who I am today. And it was just so so fun to become her. 
  
How do you feel about your relationship with your mother?
Today I went to Target with my mom, we went antiquing, and then watched The Sound of Music in theaters, and it was just the best day. We're running buddies, shopping buddies, and she is the first person I call for advice or when something weird/funny/exciting/scary/stressful happens. So yea, I feel pretty amazing about our relationship.  

If you were going to become a close friend with someone, please share what would be important for him or her to know.
I get stressed out easily. I'll probably think you're mad at me at least once.  

What would constitute a “perfect” day for you? 
It would start with bottomless coffee and bloody marys at brunch with my girlfriends. We would laugh and gossip and create hilarious scenarios in our heads and then we'd take a drive with the windows down because of course it's sunny and warm on your perfect day. Then I'd take a nap in an immaculately clean room (I really value some good, quality alone time and clean rooms). After my nap, I'd meet up with Matt and we'd go to a brewery or try a new restaurant or go to a baseball game. Anything where we're together, trying new things or sharing something we love. And I'd see my parents at some point too. And probably play with puppies.  Oh, and we'd be in Paris. 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing answers! I love that you have a close relationship with your family, too. It really is the best and most special thing in my life!! Thanks for the kind words about my blog - it means the world! xoxo

    ReplyDelete