Sunday, November 9, 2014

October in review

It's hard to believe we're already ten days into November. I feel like I should still be stocking up on tailgate essentials for homecoming, not getting ready to go shopping for Christmas decorations for my place.

October was quite a whirlwind month. Work was as busy as ever, I was in the thick of my half marathon training and every weekend was booked solid with trips and tailgates. Although it was nice to have a lazy weekend this weekend, I had such a fun October!

The first weekend, I drove to Des Moines to visit Matt. He's been up there for work, and it was nice to see a new city and go to his favorite hangouts. My favorite part of the weekend was our little Friday night bar crawl. Des Moines has some fun spots. My favorite was The Exchange, which is a play on the stock Market. The drinks fluctuate in price based on their popularity and the place has sublte odes to Wall Street, including a table with a picture of a hundred-dollar bill and a few pictures of bulls. I also liked Shotgun Betty's, which was your typical country bar. I loved spending the weekend with just Matt and it was nice to get away for a few days.

Five days later, I was back in the car driving to Columbia for the first of two tailgates in October. The weekend started off with one of those pesky migraines, but it ended up being a great weekend in Columbia with Matt and my family. I don't think the Tigers enjoyed their weekend as much as we did. Georgia absolutely killed us.


Work was also pretty busy in October. Two of my bosses and I moved over near the rest of our department so I was busy coordinated that and picking out supplies for my new desk, of course. I'm glad I get to sit near my entire department and I think it will end up being more responsibility for me, which I'm all for.
 

After a day of unpacking my new space at work, it was time for race weekend! I've already talked (or written, I guess) your ear off about that. It will be a weekend I will remember forever and one of the best I've ever had.

Then, after a year of anticipation, it was time for a long weekend in Columbia for the most wonderful time of the year — Homecoming! Although it was very weird being back and not quite as incredible as I thought it would be, I was so happy to see a ton of my friends I hadn't seen in so long. AND Matt and I threw our first-ever tailgate. I've been learning from the pros (my parents) for years, and I was so proud of how ours turned out and so flattered that so many of my friends spent their day with us.








Then all of the sudden, it was Halloween! For the first time in 15 years, I broke out my homemade Cruella de Vil costume and headed to St. Charles with Monica and my new pals. We played drinking games and laughed like crazy and it was all around a great end to a fabulous month.




Now it's all about counting down to Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's finally my favorite time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment