Monday, November 10, 2014

A lazy weekend is a great weekend

Remember yesterday when I was talking about how busy/fun/great my October was? Well, as great as it was, it was definitely due time for a weekend doing next to nothing. Matt had to spend the weekend in Des Moines, and outside of Friday night, I had no plans. I was intent on keeping it that way. Goodness,  I have come a long way from the college girl who didn't consider it a successful weekend if it didn't include face-timing at the bars Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Anyway, my lazy weekend was fabulous and I woke up this morning well-rested and ready to take on the week.

It all started Friday night with a night of volunteering for my roommate's work's annual gala. It was a night of dressing up, people watching, drinking wine and dancing with some of the new pals I've gotten to meet through Monica. I've gone to quite a few of these type of events through work, so it was fun to get more of a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on during these events, which raise thousands of dollars for awesome organizations. My favorite part? The photo booth. I was originally supposed to be a greeter but got switched to manning the photo booth. It was one of those that's not your traditional photo booth —it's a real camera, attached to a computer where you stand in front of backdrop and adorn yourself in as many props as you can without messing up your hair. I had never gotten to do one of those so I loved watching everyone awkwardly pose, and I LOVED getting to take a few pictures of my own!



Since we didn't get home Friday until 2:20 a.m., I was ready to sleep until late morning and spend the day in bed. But, in true Katie form, I was wide awake at 7:30 a.m. I tried and tried to fall asleep, but ended up just laying in bed catching up on Buzzfeed until 11:00 a.m. The rest of the day was spent running a few errands (CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS ARE OUT!!!!!!), painting my nails and watching many, many episodes of Gilmore Girls. Can you think of a better way to spend a Saturday?!




Sunday was another early morning, but it included an AWESOME 3.5-mile run around Forest Park with my mom and dad followed by an excellent brunch at Benton Park Cafe —a new favorite among my roommate and me. The afternoon was full of cleaning, blogging, eating taco salad and watching Pretty in Pink before bed. Perfect!



I used to consider a great weekend one where I ran into all my friends at the bar. Now, I think the perfect weekend is one where I go to bed before 9 p.m. two out of three nights. But don't worry, I still LOVE a busy, fun, adventerous weekend. It's just nice to hit the reset button every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment