Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Went (almost) a month without blogging ... Again

Okay guys, May has been crazy! I know I say this every time I go a while without blogging, but this month it's especially true. I found out pretty last minute that I'm going to have to find a new roommate, a new apartment or move home, so I've been stressing and scrambling with trying to figure out what I'm going to do July 1 when my lease runs out, though all signs are pointing toward shacking up with mom and dad for a few months. It's not all bad, though! I'll have more money each month to put toward my students loans or start my 401K!

Not only has my personal life been a tad stressful, but work has been cray cray, too! It was slow for a minute, but that's not the case anymore, and I love it!! The days fly, our team is working so well together and we are working on some awesome projects. Work has been so rewarding lately for so many reasons. One of which is feeling like I'm kicking butt at my job. Few things are better than that.

I've also been away from home every evening since May 15. I've been to Disney, Kansas City and my parents' house since then. Tonight is my first night home and alone in a while, so it's time for a blog post! I know you've all been dying to know what I've been up to since May 2.

The first part of the month was all about trying out a few new restaurants and beers. Matt and I had VIP tickets to STL Microfest a few weekends ago, and it was a blast. Matt was totally in his element, we both got to try a few too many beer samples, and it was a perfect way to enjoy one of the first nice weekends of the year.



We checked out brunch at Gamlin Whiskey house the next morning. It's definitely my new favorite brunch place in St. Louis. The coffee was to die for (is there anything better than restaurant coffee?), and my omelet was fantastic. They also, according to Matt, have great chicken and waffles.


And then, the craziness ensued. Two weeks later we were off to Orlando for my first trip to Disney since 1999! My feet might have hurt worse than after my two half marathons at the end of every day, but it was such a fun trip, and I can't wait to go back. We certainly made the most of our time. We rode all the fun rides (Rockin' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios is by far my favorite), we ate like kings, traveled (and drank) around the world and even had a little bit of pool time.




And two days after we got back to a very cold St. Louis, it was off to Kansas City for a long weekend of baseball games! Matt and I checked out some great new restaurants (Go to Beer Kitchen as soon as you can!), slept great Sunday night, did a little shopping and checked out a new brewery. The reason we went to KC for the weekend was to catch a few Cardinals/ KC Royals games. The I-70 series is a tradition every year and a great excuse for Cardinals fans to make a weekend trip out of a good baseball game or two. We had tickets for the Saturday and Sunday games. We had awesome seats for both games, but unfortunately we only got to see one full game. It was rainy and cloudy all weekend, but the hardest of the hard rain fell Saturday right as the Cardinals were getting ready for the sixth inning. They called the game, so Matt and I spent the rest of our evening in the Westport area of Kansas City. Westport is a few streets full of local bars and restaurants. It was a great night until the torrential rain started all over again (RIP white chucks).



Well, now you're caught completely up on my escapades since my last post. Work is still busy, my summer is filling up fast, and I'm still not totally sure what I'm doing when my lease is up, but summer bucket list item #1 is definitely blog more regularly again!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh I went on my first trip to Disney last year! It was totally awesome and I would go back in a heartbeat if it wasn't so expensive!

    xx, http://sincerelykenz.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya! I already can't wait to go back!

    ReplyDelete